Join me in Snarkville

Being snarky is the only thing that makes this place enjoyable. After all, if you can't laugh at others, how do you feel superior?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snarkville, Left Coast

Treat me no differently than you would any Queen. I rule my Snarky kingdom with some kind of dignity, but I refuse to add grace. I rule with my Prince of a husband (he can't be King, since he married into his royal title) and my son the Duke of Snarkville.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

We Did It

So, let's review. Never driven a motorized two-wheeled vehicle before. (The Prince had a long time ago). Went to the DMV yesterday to get the permit to learn how to ride. Took shiney new permits to the Vespa sales place this afternoon to test drive. Came home with a scooter. Yup that wraps it all up for us. Thank you and good night.

Oh, you need details? 'cuse me, my summary isn't enough for you guys? Ok, we went to the Vespa sales place and asked to test drive two scooters -- different engine sizes (one 200cc and one 250cc). Good news is that they were sold out of the 250's (which was the only we'd get red -- one color crossed off the list). So, now to the part where we test drive. The Prince went out on two scooters with one of the guys from the shop. I however, had the same guy take me to a quiet street to get started and I took off on my own -- WOW, it was fun. I need a little time to get used to turning and feeling comfident -- but any thoughts of my poor abilities are SHOT.

Would you like to see it? Well, here's a shot of Prince riding home:
He did pretty well -- though he was very slow until he got out on the more open road. You would have seen the moment he got confident on it.
I had to turn off to go get Duke from school. Duke loves the "bike" but he's not going to ride it anytime soon.
So, want to know what we got? We bought a limited edition GT in midnight blue. That brown seat under the Prince's butt -- is a custom-made suede seat. (Yes, I loved THIS bike for the seat) -- we got the seat for free -- so I'm thrilled to say the least. In addition, there will be a matching top box coming in 8 weeks (they have to color match it) and a chrome rack for the front. And the Prince's "crown" is a slate grey Nolan with a face shield. I however, HAD to have a Vespa helmet (which has no face shield), but I got it in white with blue leather trim. There was much discussion on if it would white with blue leather or white with brown leather. Ideally, I would have wanted a blue helmet with brown leather -- but that wasn't an option.
Next up is taking our safety classes and going back to the DMV for our actual licenses. YIPPIE.

I'm thrilled. I would have said we picked the color because it was my secret pal's suggestion, mostly to suck up and stay on her good side, but it would have next to nothing to do with us falling in love with the seat in the showroom -- no, it was ALL my secret pal.

And to Polly who didn't like my choices and decided on Peach Puff (which I think may be more because she'd like to see the Prince drive a scooter in Peach Puff). In honor of my new love affair with this woman, I'm thinking of dedicating a small PINK bag in the under seat area to her. We shall forever more call it a "Polly Bag." Love it. Perhaps she will feel honored.

Now we must wonder if my spoilee will like Vespa stuff? I happen to have friends at a shop now ;) --- and for the record, I will NOT be knitting a cover for any part or the whole thing. I'm nuts, but not (as of yet) THAT crazy.

Final photo of the lovely:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Have fun driving the Vespa.

I bet you will look stylin'!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the purchase! Of course, you bought the blue one because of my suggestion. Who would buy a Vespa just for the seat? :)

Your Secret Pal

7:03 AM  
Blogger The Queen said...

If you could feel this seat, you would --- trust me, this is butter soft suede -- you'd want to get naked and roll all over it (EEEEWWWWWWW -- ok, that went too far). I haven't seen anyone resist petting the seat when standing within a few feet of it. If the seat came off -- I would have slept with in our bed -- right between me and the Prince (he'd have loved that one oh so much.)
But other than that -- you are totally right, I did it because of your choice -- totally -- it was all you. Please don't take it out on my gifts ;)

7:08 AM  
Blogger badmommy said...

Well check you guys out!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I'd rather have a Polly flower basket in the front.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home