Cool, Mid-Life Crisis, or Insane? Please decide.
In talking to the Prince last night, he mentioned something that would be really cool to own -- what with gas prices going over the top. And like a complete dumbass, I say, "Honey, if you want a Vespa, get a Vespa." He says, "You'll let me get a Vespa?" Yes -- if I said, YES -- I meant it. Then my brain kicks in.
Reasons NOT to buy a Vespa:
- Prince takes Duke to school so it can not be Prince's daily driver.
- I work in my house, so I don't commute more than from the kitchen to the basement.
- We can't ride it on the weekends because Duke can't ride it until he's at least tall enough to have his feet touch the pegs -- probably at least 10.
- Three motor vehicles in a family of two drivers.
- We don't have motorcycle licenses. And neither of us have driven one before
This morning -- as we were driving up to Santa Rosa to test drive and learn more, Princes says, "I've been thinking -- who in this family makes short trips without Duke all day long in the car that gets 17 MPG?" Yep -- it would be MINE. Hmmm, the hardship here, huh? (Yes, my knitting friends -- I checked there is MORE than enough room for yarn in the storage areas.)
So, if you are wondering where all the best fodder for Snarkville will come from Monday morning -- I'd put good money on the DMV while I take the test to get a permit.
I must ask -- do we think this is a cool idea, a mid-life crisis (early -- I always was an early bloomer), or just frankly insane?