Join me in Snarkville

Being snarky is the only thing that makes this place enjoyable. After all, if you can't laugh at others, how do you feel superior?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snarkville, Left Coast

Treat me no differently than you would any Queen. I rule my Snarky kingdom with some kind of dignity, but I refuse to add grace. I rule with my Prince of a husband (he can't be King, since he married into his royal title) and my son the Duke of Snarkville.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Then there was Sunday

Yes, I know this weekend in review is going on FOREVER -- but I swear things happened, which is rare in my world and please, let me just pretend to feel like I have a life.

So, on Sunday we all piled into the car to an advertising agency who was sponsoring a drive for my husband's car club. It included breakfast and lunch -- so we thought why not. Ok, there was only a HUGE number of cars and Duke posed in front of a bunch of cars and we ate -- Duke at his body weight in yogurt (from the Yoplait cup without a mess I might brag a bit). Then we set off on the drive.

Two little turns into the drive, we heard the worst clunking sound EVER. It was horrible. After a few "what the's" later we pulled over. Prince looked back thinking we were going to find tire parts in the road -- but no -- he found the oil filler cap in the middle of the road. Double checking the engine -- we found a light film of oil over everything. Ok, abort the drive and go in search of oil -- special oil, on a Sunday no less. Oil found, everything ok -- we needed something to do to kill time in order to get lunch --- so we found a park in the hot sun and let Duke run wild for a bit. See?Moving on we returned home to FrankenHouse -- only to be greeted by the fact we don't have AC -- and we didn't leave the windows open. Literally all three of us laid around sweating waiting for the house cool down until 8pm. Today, I kept the house open all day and it was a completely different experience. I still wonder if it might be worth it to look into a few window ACs, or a block of ice -- one or the other.
*********************
Lastly sidenotes from the weekend.
Perhaps I have found a friend to go on the 2 day Pride of Hawaii cruise with me -- totally cool.

I tried to knit while watching the sunset -- but the wind was SO cold that I was shaking. However, during dinner, I had to run to the bathroom. (To put it politely, it was not the kind of bathroom experience you like having in public restrooms.) So, since I was stuck in the potty for too long -- I knitted. So let's add to the oddest places I've knit a public potty. See, I have no shame.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, knitting in the car and on a plane: guilty. Movies, concerts, sporting events, church events: guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty. Local artsy events and at the beach: yep, even them. And yes, I'm the crazy lady who sits by herself in the library and knits. Even in bed. But never - ever - on the potty. Hmm, I'll have to try it. My family can't think I'm any more nuts than they already do, right?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home