Join me in Snarkville

Being snarky is the only thing that makes this place enjoyable. After all, if you can't laugh at others, how do you feel superior?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snarkville, Left Coast

Treat me no differently than you would any Queen. I rule my Snarky kingdom with some kind of dignity, but I refuse to add grace. I rule with my Prince of a husband (he can't be King, since he married into his royal title) and my son the Duke of Snarkville.

Monday, April 24, 2006

It is a very small world indeed

I was going to start this post to tell you all about my weekend. How we went into the city yesterday afternoon for soap (yes, we are weird people who go to a special store to buy soap at horribly high prices and I'm ok with it because I love it --- and you would love it too) and ran into a girl I knew on the east coast who moved out here about a year before I moved out. Literally, we passed each other on the street -- as we did countless times at our common workplace for years --- only 3,000 miles away in a town I don't go into except MAYBE once a month). Weird, huh?
There was some humor about the story and I would have shared. I would have until I was reading my long list of morning blogs and saw this. These amazing, fabulous people brought their kids "home" with them last night. I can't even get my hands around their last 24 to 48 hours. I remember giving birth to Duke and laying in bed with him thinking I'd taken on the biggest job I could ever imagine (and I did). But with Duke nearing 3 years old, I've grown up as a mommy as he's grown up as a kid. I look at the school kids walking to school down my street and I think, "I have no idea how to even begin to talk to a 5 year old." Once I thought that about 3 too -- but I digress. I can't imagine having two school aged kids, who don't speak English, yet, and jumping right in. I'm beyond impressed with these two people. So, congratulations, my friends. Come home soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - there's a slight problem with that link, it should be http://www.adoptionjourney.bravehost.com/whatsnew.html

It's a wonderful story, and I'm so happy for Ken and Jeanine, who I don't even know! I'm just so excited for them and the wonderful children they're bringing home.

5:17 PM  
Blogger badmommy said...

Lush looks great - can't wait till the one on Post re-opens - that's an easy lunchtime walk!

7:45 PM  
Blogger The Queen said...

Link is fixed now -- thanks for seeing it -- blogger was not my friend when I was writing my post :(

Bad Mommy: Lush is HIGHLY addictive -- I'm just warning you. I found them in London in 2002 and was shipping stuff in from there until they opened shops in the US. We even found a shop in Boulder on our way across country to shop in. But I HIGHLY recommend the bath bombs for a truly girly experience.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home