Join me in Snarkville

Being snarky is the only thing that makes this place enjoyable. After all, if you can't laugh at others, how do you feel superior?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snarkville, Left Coast

Treat me no differently than you would any Queen. I rule my Snarky kingdom with some kind of dignity, but I refuse to add grace. I rule with my Prince of a husband (he can't be King, since he married into his royal title) and my son the Duke of Snarkville.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Gee, is it only Tuesday?

I went to sleep last night thinking that tomorrow was Thursday and I'd have knit night that evening. It was a pleasant dream and you can imagine my SHOCK when I woke up and it was only Tuesday. Well, now it is 9:30am and I'm still waiting on the first cup of coffee for the day.

Better thoughts. The sweater is progressing. I'm about 12 rounds from beginning the sleeves. My good friend at The Bad Mommy offered to pick up the need two balls of orange at Artfibers for me, since she can't do lunch on Friday (the day I could have run into the city to pick them up). She's wonderful. This sweater is knitting up way fast and I can't wait to wear it, though it may be this fall before I do. Now just one more sweater and I can confine my stash once again to its box. But I NEED to get more socks done (yes, my feet are getting chilled). Oh, did you want to see a photo of the sweater? Of course you do.

So, what do you think? I think it needs sleeves and it needs LOTS of ends to be woven in (notice I didn't take a photo of the inside). Thus far it has been a really fun sweater to knit. The yarn is so soft and it feels good. I hope the stripes line up ok on the sleeves -- and, oh, that it looks as good on as it does on the table. Nothing like a little worry, huh?

Since I also know that you are just aching for a potty update. We re-read a book or four over the weekend and are now teaching him how to clean up after all accidents. In addition, he also must "practice" running to the potty when he needs to go. We aren't sure that the latter is helping much, but late yesterday evening, I walked by the bathroom to find Duke, holding his underpants over the potty (emptying poop into the toliet). Without much prompting he completely cleaned himself up, and mostly got himself into a clean pair. I am a wee bit proud of this. Now, if we can only prevent the accidents in the first place.

Unlike last week, when I took myself to the movies on a Tuesday, I think today, I'm going to take myself to the grocery store. Not so much a fair trade as a needed trip. I think the Prince may revolt if we don't have a meal this evening. He's so picky about this eating thing, I just don't understand why he can't live off Peeps like I have for the past two days. Anyway, while at the store, I plan on picking up Easter egg dye for future "dye jobs" for socks. Sounds like a blast huh?

So, back to dreaming it is Thursday. It seems a Farmer's Market closes the street near my yarn shop, which means parking is a premium. I plan on heading in early and grabbing a bite for dinner at the market. If you go to Marin Fiber Arts and want to join me, let me know so I'll be on the look out for you. Perhaps there will be sleeves by Thursday.

1 Comments:

Blogger badmommy said...

Wow - I can't believe the progress you've made on the sweater in the last week! I'll definitely be picking the orange up on Thursday to bring to knit night that night - you're going to need it really soon.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home