Join me in Snarkville

Being snarky is the only thing that makes this place enjoyable. After all, if you can't laugh at others, how do you feel superior?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snarkville, Left Coast

Treat me no differently than you would any Queen. I rule my Snarky kingdom with some kind of dignity, but I refuse to add grace. I rule with my Prince of a husband (he can't be King, since he married into his royal title) and my son the Duke of Snarkville.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Do you have spot remover?

Now, I'm normally a mess. The girl with coffee spilled down her shirt; the one you see in some form of disarray. Yup, that's me; the pinnacle of grace and aplomb.

However, I now have a spot I can't get out, without help. It seems that I'm cursed with my Great Britain genes: fair skin, blue eyes, bad ankles and all -- to have a few, um, moles. Well, these have always been small and not bothered me much; but there's this one that is in the center of my back. I think it may be growing, at the very least it is changing. So, yesterday, while at my doctor's office [(yes, the one who's staff gave me the distinct impression he was too busy to care about me) --- a side note within my side note here: He's very nice, took tons of time with me, and even laughed at my odd sense of humor and constant rambling of the mouth.] I asked the good doctor to "take and look and tell me it is nothing." He took a look and can't say it is nothing. So next Monday, Snarkville's Queen will be having a biopsy of her mole done -- I think this means that I will have large portions of my back sliced off, but I'm not sure. Actually, I know there will be a stitch or two, which my own mother (the Queen Mum and nurse extradinairre) will remove since we will be visiting her when it needs to come out.

So, why I tell you all of this is that I'm not in the least bit worried about it. Now, it seems that everyone I tell thinks I should be freaking out, but for the first time in my life, I'm not the least bit concerned. Maybe it is because I'm convinced that if it is something to worry about I'd somehow just know and since I don't there is no need to worry. Maybe I'm finally an adult and gained perspective -- and we all know that's a crock, right? Maybe it is that I'm in denial. However, I'm really not worried.

What is troublesome is my e-mails from my father who starts off, "I know you are worried...." No, Daddy, I'm not. I have three trillion things on my plate between now and Monday to deal with -- worry is not on my to do list. I don't have time to worry. So there. I'm not worried.
---------Begin PSA--------------
For all of you out there, I'd like to mention -- get your moles checked. Anything that looks funny or might have changed as you have aged: have some one check it out. Chances are it is nothing to worry with. If this turns is something to worry over, aren't we all going to be happier that we deal with it today when it is "small" and not when I'm looking for someone to knit me a Chemo Cap?
---------End PSA-------------
On to other news in Snarkville, I'm going to be leaving this country tomorrow. I am leaving to sail into international waters for two glorious days!! I shall eat food I neither will cook nor have to clean up after. I shall not change a single diaper for 48 whole hours. I shall drink an adult beverage. I will NOT be the mom nor take on any mommy duties. I shall take photos and knit with abandon. I will enjoy this, and no little spot on the center of my back will stop me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Have a fantastic time and bring you lace weight shawl with you.

Lace knitting is really nice for travelling because you can get 1,000 yards of yarn in a teeny tiny ball!

Damn, I am envious.

10:35 AM  
Blogger badmommy said...

I am so jealous I can barely stand it. Despite that, I will be nice to you upon your return :-)

Have a fabulous time!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will enjoy this - and enjoy it for the rest of us too, won't you? Since we're stuck at home with Mommy and cooking duties (but thank God no more diapers)! Have a great time, and I'll miss you!

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home