Join me in Snarkville

Being snarky is the only thing that makes this place enjoyable. After all, if you can't laugh at others, how do you feel superior?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snarkville, Left Coast

Treat me no differently than you would any Queen. I rule my Snarky kingdom with some kind of dignity, but I refuse to add grace. I rule with my Prince of a husband (he can't be King, since he married into his royal title) and my son the Duke of Snarkville.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Welcome to Snarkville

Recently, I had myself described as "Snarky" I happen to love this word, I used the required three times and now I own it. Come to find out, snarkiness is a polite way of saying "bitchy". Hmmm, compliment or not? I tend to think of snarkiness as not so much bitchy as more a cynical view of the world around us. A view that will look at most situations as half empty glasses and wonder where the beer went. I want to believe that snarky is my own personal brand of humor, but I wonder if the people around me get my form of sarcasm is mixed with mild bitch. I fear that far too many miss the true sarcasm in my commentary and hence declare that I'm a total bitch. I'm truly only part bitch and any decent psychotherapist would see that the bitch part is really the candy coating protecting my gooey nugget center.

So, truly I welcome you to Snarkville. I consider myself the Queen of Snarkville and I know that out there are many princes and princesses, but I am the Queen. There's a little more about me and my kingdom in that little "About Me" thingie. Read and enjoy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More, more! But, um, no pressure! ;)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home